Based on the top 6 websites on Google search results, here are the top 3 best hunting boots:
The Irish Setter VaprTrek boots are a reliable pair of footwear for outdoor activities. 8″ waterproof, side-zip boots; full grain leather and honeycomb ripstop fabric. The boots use an UltraDry™ waterproofing system along with Scentban technology, and they feel more like athletic shoes than hiking boots. they offer great support for the ankle and have a high side wrap, with a discreet camo coloring.
The boots also have RPM technology in their soles and an aggressive tread. Users have rated the boots as comfortable from the onset, well-ventilated, and protective on wet and cold days. Still, some users observed that the sole tends to wear off more quickly. All in all, the Irish Setter VaprTrek boots provide a good trade-off between comfort, durability, and performance.
Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 boots have been custom-designed for use in difficult high-country situations. Their uppers, premium, full-grain leather are 2.8mm thick and integrated with a Windtex waterproof, breathable, flexible membrane. 10” high, and weighs 2 lbs. at the size of 12W wide boots; these are lightweight K-Talon outsoles designed by Kenetrek that provide highly good grip on slippery surfaces. They also have reinforced rubber sole guards for increased resistance to abrasion.
400g of Thinsulate insulation for warmth without the bulk. Users have appreciated the boots for comfort, longevity, and their capability to keep feet dry. However, some users complained about leakage in the first year of usage. The Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 boots turn out to be a dependable option for outdoor activities in general.
Irish Setter VaprTrek boots will stand up to serious outdoor activities. 8” waterproof side-zip boots are made of full-grain leather with a honeycomb ripstop fabric. Boots are fitted with the UltraDry™ waterproofing system and Scentban technology, allowing them to feel like athletic shoes rather than hiking boots.
They offer great support to the ankle and are high on the sides with a very light camo coloring. It also has RPM technology in the soles and an aggressive tread in its boots. Users were satisfied with the boots from day one and found them to be comfortable, well-ventilated, and protective on wet and cold days. Some users, however, reported that the sole wears out quickly. In general, the Irish Setter VaprTrek boots are great in terms of comfort, durability, and performance.
The result above is compiled based on the best hunting boots top Google results website as below:
|Crispi Nevada GTX
|Crispi Nevada GTX
|LaCrosse Ursa MS
|Kenetrek Mountain Extreme
|Irish Setter VaprTrek
|Oboz Bridger Insulated
|TideWe Hunting Boot
|Irish Setter Elk Tracker
|Kenetrek Mountain Extreme
|Le Chameau Chasseur
|Under Armor UA Hover Dawn
|Meindl Eurolight Hunter 300
|Bogs Blaze II
|LaCrosse Ursa MS
|LaCrosse Alpha Evolution
|Vasque Torre AT GTX 7554
Based on the table above, we can set 5 points for first place, 4 points for second place and so on. The accumulative points for each boots is presented in the graph below to show you the most picked boots as the best hunting boots.
- Best Hunting Boots of 2023 | Outdoor Life
- The Best Hunting Boots for Men in 2023 | GearJunkie
- Best Hunting Boots 2023 - Forbes Vetted
- 10 Best Hunting Boots of 2023 - Mountain Weekly News
- The Best Hunting Boots for Men and Women - North American Outdoorsman
- The 9 Best Hunting Boots of 2024 | Field & Stream
In the next section, we provide reviews for each hunting boot mentioned above, where we summarize each of the top 3 results on Google so you can save time reading reviews.
We have included some of the key features of the Crispi Nevada GTX:
- Insulation : They are insulated with GoreTex (~200 g) which provides warmth.
- Upper Material : The upper part of the boot is made from water-repellent Nubuk1.
- Footbed : The boots have a removable footbed made from CRISPI® Air Mesh, which offers outstanding breathability and anti-perspiration/anti-odor action1.
- Protection : The boots are protected by a rubber rand.
- Height : The boots have a height of 8 inches.
- Weight : One boot (size 10) weighs 1.9 lbs.
- Ankle Support : The boots come with Crispi’s innovative A.B.S.S. (Ankle Bone Support System) which provides a stable and comfortable base for hiking, hunting, and trekking.
- Sole : The boots have a Vibram® sole with a polyurethane shock-absorbing CCF midsole.
These features make the Crispi Nevada GTX a stable and comfortable choice for hiking, hunting, and trekking.
Please find 3 summarized reviews for Crispi Nevada GTX boots below for your reference.
(1) Review by trailspace.com
The Crispi Nevada GTX is a backpacking boot that has been reviewed on Trailspace. Users have contributed their experiences with these boots, commenting on how they’ve performed under different circumstances. One reviewer, Pat G, appreciated the time that others spent with these boots and found their opinions valid. He compared them to that of his old pair of Schnee’s Granite boots saying that it was uncomfortable to his feet.
The boots are lauded because they suit the very rugged terrain and off-trail adventures and carry heavy loads. It is described as a lightweight stiffer boot that has a grippy outsole and a roomy toe box. However, they are also marked to be significantly more massive than a trail runner. The boots have been used for hunting big game and long snowshoe hikes.
Crispi is a boot-making company based in Italy, dedicated to the US market, especially big game hunters. They specialize in boots ranging from rugged trail runners to heavily insulated mountain boots. This is part of their range called Nevada GTX, which provides a mix of comfort, resilience, and performance for those who enjoy the outdoors.
(2) Review by gearjunkie.com
On a spring hunting trip in Colorado, the Crispi Nevada GTX boots were worn. The boots were tested under adverse conditions to test their resilience and performance. The reviewer stressed the significance of having proper footwear for hunters, comparing boot choices to the Ford vs. Chevy vs. Dodge truck argument.
The Crispi Nevada GTX boots are an Italian-made design that can handle hard backcountry miles and cost $410. The boots are dubbed “bombproof juggernauts” that will not leave the wearer’s feet blistered and exhausted. The rubber and construction of these boots were eulogized for being almost anything.
1975, the boots were created in the Italian mountains by a brand that concentrated on “progress, evolution, and innovation”. The boots have since expanded into several nations.
The reviewer’s initial commentary can be described as positive, mentioning the boots’ durability, familiar Vibram sole, and overall feeling of security and protection that these boots offered. The cushioning also proved to be very forgiving and comfortable. My first impression of stiff boots was warm and fuzzy.
(3) Review by backwoodspursuit.com
They are made for late-season hunts offering warmth and dryness in unfavorable weather. They are available in both insulated and non-insulated varieties, with a 200-gram version being tested in this review. The testing started in February, when the temperature was below freezing point, and went on until it became too hot for boots that are meant to insulate.
The boots were then re-tested when temperatures went below freezing in October. As the reviewer highlights, boot fit is very personal, and what worked for it might not work for others. The boots are made of nubuck leather which is high quality and very durable. 9 contributing products include the Gore-Tex bootie, Vibram Supergrip sole, shock-absorbing midsole, water-repellent Nubuk leather upper, Vibram Megagrip outsole, Crispi Crossbow frame at the middle part of the midsole and heavy rubber rand. The boots come in insulated and non-insulated versions.
The Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 hunting boots have several key features:
- 10" tall leather uppers made with 2.8mm premium full grain leather that utilizes a one-piece vamp construction with no seams down the tongue for abrasion resistance and waterproofness.
- Reinforced double and triple stitching in high-wear areas.
- 7mm nylon midsoles provide extra support with heavy pack loads.
- Anti-corrosion boot hardware that swivels instead of breaking.
- Reinforced rubber sole guard for extra abrasion resistance.
- Windtex® waterproof breathable flexible membrane .
- Features 400-gram Thinsulate™ for warmth without the bulk.
- Lightweight K-Talon™ outsoles provide excellent traction.
- These boots are designed to be durable and comfortable for high-altitude sheep hunts.
- They are made in Italy and have earned a reputation as one of the premier hunting boots on the market.
Please find 3 summarized reviews for Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 boots below for your reference.
(1) Review by going4brokeoutdoors.com
The article is a review of the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 boots used for more than three hundred miles during hunting season 2021 in Montana. Kenetrek is a leading American manufacturer of hunting boots with offices in Bozeman, Montana. They are Italian-made boots.
The Mountain Extreme 400 boots are 10” in height and are stitched from thick, quality, full-grain leather uppers with a thickness of 2.8mm. 12 Wide weighs 2 lbs 8.3 oz per boot. These boots have a Windtex waterproof, breathable, and flexible membrane-like GoreTex. These boots are made in one piece, so there is no tongue, and they keep dry better.
The boots have a 7mm nylon midsole that makes the boot rigid and stable, especially on rocky trails. Kenetrek’s lightweight K-Talon outsoles offer great traction as the sole features. The boots have strong swivel hardware that does not break in harsh terrain. The reinforced rubber sole guard provides extra protection from abrasion for the lower part of the boot.
The boot’s insulated version has 400-gram Thinsulate insulation. The reviewer said that wearing the boots made their feet warm and dry in temperatures below zero.
(2) Review by rokslide.com
Kenetrek Mountain Extreme Boots are designed for rough terrains and heavy loads. They come with a complete rubber rand and sturdy tread that offers great grip on rocky surfaces. The boots are made of good leather and have special hardware-like lace eyelets wherein the lower ones are hinged. The footbed inserts are sizeable and have built-in arch support.
These boots are suitable due to their balance of flexibility and stiffness for summer’s scouting and early-season hunts on moderate or rough terrain. A softer rubber sole is not very noisy at all for archery stalks and performs well on wet logs or smooth rock.
The Kenetrek Mountain Extreme Boots are waterproof and breathable with a proprietary “K-Talon” outsole that can be replaced if it wears out. They’re made for carrying heavy loads in harsh terrain. If you want a mountain boot that is comfortable right from the start without having to break it in over several days, then the Kenetrek Mountain Ext.
The Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 Insulated Hiking Boot with 400 gram Thinsulate has an impressive score of overall rating – 4.8 out of 5 These boots have received high satisfaction among customers who appreciate their durability, comfort and insulation. Reviewers even compared them to other hiking boots, praising their performance in extreme conditions.
The only slight drawback mentioned is the break-in period needed for these boots. Summarily, the majority of customers are very satisfied with their experience wearing the Kenetrek Mountain Extreme 400 Insulated Hiking Boot and positively endorse these shoes to outdoor lovers looking for solid and comfortable boots.
- Great for hiking, hunting, and snow removal operations
- Perfect fit and comfortable for long hours of wear
- Excellent ankle and arch support for climbing mountains and uneven surfaces
- Waterproof and suitable for creek streams and slushy snow
- Great grip for muddy terrain
- Lightweight yet well-made
- Excellent support for aging ankles and knees
- Comfortable and feel broken in after a short period
- May take a bit of time to break in
- Traction on wet ground can be treacherous
- Inserts may be too hard and uncomfortable
- Not suitable for extremely cold climates
The Irish Setter VaprTrek hunting boots come with a variety of features designed for the athletic hunter. Here are some of the key features:
- Waterproof : The boots have an UltraDry™ Waterproofing System that keeps feet dry in wet conditions2.
- Insulated : They have layers of insulating components that provide warmth1.
- ScentBan : This is an Irish Setter exclusive scent control feature.
- Material : The boots are made from full-grain leather and lightweight rip-stop fabric with military-grade, fast-drying linings.
- ArmaTec XT : This provides high-wear protection.
- EnerG : This feature offers impact comfort.
- Outsole : The boots have multi-tiered, self-cleaning outsole lugs.
- Wrap-around insteps : These enhance protection and gripping while climbing and riding.
- Footbed : The boots come with a removable polyurethane footbed with memory foam.
- Shank : The boots have a nylon shank.
- Insole : The insole is non-woven.
- Outsole : The outsole is RPM R-Zone – Brown Camo.
- Lining : The lining is synthetic mesh.
Please find 3 summarized reviews for Irish Setter VaprTrek boots below for your reference.
(1) Review by alloutdoor.com
Irish Setter VaprTrek boots are very durable and functional, as commented by the AllOutdoor. 8” height side zip with an aggressive and sturdy look. They include a range of trademarked technologies, such as UltraDry waterproofing and Scentban, which kill odor-producing bacteria. The boots come in full-grain leather, honeycomb ripstop fabric, and a removable polyurethane footbed with memory foam.
The reviewer was equally impressed with the quality of the boots noting good stitching and finish. They have a good side wrap to the soles that guards the leather in wet and muddy locations. The boots were comfortable and supportive, fitting from the onset without a break-in period. They allowed for full mobility and were not painful during different activities, such as hiking, housework or even shooting. Overall, the Irish Setter VaprTrek boots are rated well in comfort, durability, and functionality.
(2) Review by neveragoosechase.com
This article is a review of the Irish Setter VaprTrek Boot. The author was a bird hunter; he was looking for a pair of durable, lightweight boots after one pair of kangaroo leather boots fell apart in just one month. The author’s hunting circumstances entail dry, irritating native grasses that abrade both boots and dog paws.
The author’s attention was drawn to the VaprTrek Boot, which is predominantly synthetic, because of its protective sole and layers around the toe. The boots were surprisingly light and gave a good breath, allowing the author’s feet to remain cool and dry. They were comfortable to walk in almost immediately, needing almost no break-in period.
The author tested the boots in various conditions, such as a warm and dry day, wearing them all he wished. The boots were also in good condition showing no signs of serious wear or defects. The author was satisfied with the VaprTrek boots as they settled well on his feet to suit his hunting requirements.
4.1 out of 5 stars is the given rating for Irish Setter VaprTrek.The boot has been liked by customers who find it great for hunting in wet conditions. Most reviewers claimed that the boot was comfortable and durable, offering a good level of support on long hunting trips. Comparisons with other brands have shown that the Irish Setter VaprTrek is not only better in quality but also surpasses those brands in performance.
Still, several reviewers have noted that the sizing of the boot runs slightly smaller, so it’s advised to order a size larger. All in all, customers seem content with their purchase and would recommend these boots for hunting.
- Good fit and warmth
- Fit is perfect
- Warm and dry
- High quality
- Tight fit